In this two-day seminar, Dr. Gavin James looks at Orthodontics in the 21st Century and how advances in Biology and Biophysics are driving change. The ALF appliance is part of this change. It is as concerned with physiology as with moving teeth. The seminar gives an overview of why this happens and how to diagnose and treat malocclusion using these principles.
Working with other health disciplines is an important part of the new paradigm. It is concerned with the general health of the body and not just with teeth. The possibilities of orthodontics as a true health service will be discussed. How to integrate these ideas into a dental practice is demonstrated with case reports and practical hands-on techniques.
- Cranial movements. Identifying craniofacial consequences
- Opportunities to affect craniofacial development according to age
- Clinical application of osteopathic findings to orthodontics
- Introduction of the team approach to diagnosis and treatment
- Introduction to Biotensgrity and clinical application
- Practical application from a clinical perspective
- Integration of new paradigm for orthodontics
- Take-home video of ALF appliance insertion and adjustment
- Use of fixed appliances and aligners
Place: Queen's Landing Hotel in historic Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario (4.5 Stars on TripAdvisor. In the heart of Ontario's VQA wine country). Hotel phone: 1 (905) 468-2195
Date: November 16th and 17th, 2019 (Saturday and Sunday)
Meeting start: 8:30 am (Continental breakfast 7:30 am to 8:30 am)
Fee: US $1,500 paid by November 6, 2019. Non-refundable after November 6, 2019. Fee includes Lunches, Coffee breaks, and a 54-page Introductory ALF Manual
For B&B availability, contact: Niagara-on-the-Lake Visitor Information Centre, 36 Queen St., Niagara-on-the-Lake. Visitor Centre Phone: 1 (905) 468-1950. Ask for a facility near the Queen's Landing Hotel.