Putting it all together seminar
Dec 1st and 2nd, 2017
Orthodontist Gavin James draws on a lifetime of experience to present a two-day seminar in which he looks at the major innovations in orthodontics over the last 30 years. In a confusing and rapidly changing world, he shows that there is a way to survive and thrive while caring for our patients’ total health, not just straightening teeth.
Day 1 Morning session
- Examination of the primary causes of malocclusion and how to recognize them
- The use of cranial and facial diagnostic indicators, when to start treatment and how to take advantage of natural growth patterns
- ALF philosophy and its application in the clinic. Examples are shown from across the whole range of orthodontics, from small children to complex adult cases with multiple dysfunctions
Day 1 Afternoon session
- “Form follows Function” still applies. Useful ways to harness growth and work with other health disciplines. Learning what they can offer and how best to plan an integrated approach.
- Biotensegrity is a very recent development in biology but it promises to revolutionize orthodontics. An overview of this exciting new field and how it could change everything is presented.
Day 2 Morning session
- Clinical application of Day 1 material. Examination protocol for a new patient
- Design and management of the ALF appliance demonstration
- Patients undergoing active therapy talk about treatment from their perspective
Day 2 Afternoon session
- Bringing new concepts into office protocol. Managing the transition
- Financial implications of introducing change. Building a support group with other professionals
- Questions and answers
Date: December 1st and 2nd, 2017
Place: Queens Landing Hotel. Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
Special hotel rate for attendees staying overnight.
Attendance: Limited to 6 people
Cost: CDN$1500. Includes introductory manual, lunches, coffee breaks.
A personal mentoring program is also offered throughout the year. The place is Niagara-on-the-Lake. The dates can be arranged for mutual convenience. The introductory program outlined above is an option but the format allows for modifications to suit the attendee. The fee for the two-day program is US$2000.